Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Walk and don't look back, Ms Trouble.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god how ghastly that was.

One more day of 'handover', then two more days of work, then I/we have to WALK AWAY. Don't look back!

"Handover" doesn't actually work to well as a description of what happenned today. Trouble attempted to hand something over and the new Manager managed to cleverly avoid taking it. She might not be as silly as she seems... and avoiding all responsibility for understanding how anything works is one strategy we'd never really considered for coping with this job. Hmmmmmm.
It was just awful.
Part of it is just the intense frustration of how it is ALWAYS so much harder than it need be, so much stupider and meaner than it need be. It really hit hard today.
Mrs Manky rang complaining about a guy who emailed Bugsplat Visitor Centre asking for accomodation advice two days ago and hasn't got an answer yet. Well, Mrs Manky, that would be because I haven't been at work for three days. Why's that? That's because I'm only paid for four days a week.
Why don't the volunteers answer the emails?
The volunteers? Mostly because they don't want to.
One of them is scared of computers, the other one is too busy rifling throught the files looking for something to use against me and the other one probably forgot.
I shall halve their salaries immediately.

Except of course, when I did check, there was no email. I expect Mrs Manky gave the wrong address to her mystery shopper. Oh I shall be glad to be gone.

She seems quite sweet. I think she's probably going to be nice to customers. So that's a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home