Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Four-fold turn.


Feeling anxious about the future and pondering such depressing questions as:


~ have I really learnt anything at all about our condition?

~ are we at all closer to God than we were in our twenties?

we went bumbling around online (wiki-ing) and found a lady called "Bryon Katie".

Some self-help guru with an alarming haircut. Usually a dungeon brat would yell "Run, don't walk!" and get us out of there, but they weren't about.

She teaches a method of self-enquiry with four questions. Apparently.

The four questions are:

  1. Is it true?
  2. Can you absolutely know that it's true?
  3. How do you react when you believe that thought?
  4. Who would you be without the thought?
So. I may try this out with some of my more depressing thoughts soon.

thea.
ps. I'm ashamed of myself. This is so pathetic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love and make fun of byron katie too...

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home