Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Weary and weep.

There's been a series of scandals in the media that make us weary and weep. We try to avoid news but it leaks in. It's the bare faced misogyny, mostly, that gets us down. Little girl raped and murdered. The insulting way people talk about the woman who died nude and full of date rape drugs on a cruise ship. The way that a sexual assault on a reality TV show is being excused. I'm taking the no comments option on this one.

I feel so vulnerable today. Knees are such tender and emotional places. There's no direct connection between any of these scandals and my own feelings. I feel grief. Like I've lost someone. I feel old. Three hundred years old. I feel lost. I feel empty.

Losing love is like a window in your heart.
Everybody sees you're blown apart.
Everybody sees the wind blow.