Monday, January 14, 2008

Is this by Sappho Durrell?

"night-dress- blood batik/batik in blood"
-s.d

I have been gestating the sea all this while


you have been spitting stones into dirt-edged puddles


trying to cast a spell to draw me out with the radiating ripples


you know you can make me come but not cry


out underneath harvest-wet weather


a portion of heaven has been set aside for you


and it goes bad on your plate, surrounded with congealed bone-grease


you would tell the elders that i plucked your tendons for my lyre


and tore away your caul even before birth


but you always confuse me with your mother though i


never let your swollen head pass between my sacred thighs


even knowing stairs and heat as well as i do


how the temperature drops as the banister walks you down into a basement

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home